Lydia Jackson a beauty youtuber, has put together a video on how to make facemask and Scrub at home. The first is a Face Scrub, made with Honey and brown sugar this scrub will buff away flaky dry skin, clear pores and helps to lock in moisture.
Mix 1 tbsp of sugar and 1 tbsp of Honey into a small bowl to make a thick paste. When you are applying the mix to your skin, you may want to add a little bit of water to make it easier to apply. The scrub will be coarse so you skin will be red after your wash the scrub off.
Some benefits of homemade face scrub
1. Smoother skin. Exfoliators help to get rid of dead skin cells that your body has not fully shed yet.
2. Improves circulation.
3. Unclogs pores.
4. Better absorption.
If you are looking for a little more pampering why not try this face mask made from orange juice & honey. This mask will give dull skin a bright, pretty glow. All you need to do is leave the mask on for 15 mins
Mix 3 tbsp’s of orange juice and 1 tbsp of honey together to make a thin paste. Apply this to your skin making sure to scope up the honey. Leave it on for 15 mins and then wash off with warm water.
Some of the benefits of homemade face masks:
1. Cleansing—draws out the impurities from the skin.
2 Unclogging pores—removes dirt and oil that clog skin and trigger breakouts.
3. Improving complexion—ingredients nourish the skin and improve overall tone and texture.
4. Moisturising—deeply hydrating ingredients help prevent flaky, dry, tight skin.
Why not check out Lydia’s YouTube channel for other beauty and makeup tips.
Dark Circles around the eye
A common thing dark circles around the eyes, the most common reason is fatigue. But hay fever, eczema, rubbing your eyes and pigmentation irregularities are also some common causes. If you google it there are a few at home remedies, but some of the items they use may not be in your Kitchen cupboards. But 2 remedies we found are easy and most people would have the ingredients.
Cucumber is something we have all seen in the movies used at spas to cover people’s eyes whilst they are having a facial, but cucumber does have a purpose. Cucumbers have mild astringent properties that help to tighten our skin and skin-lighteners that help to remove dark circles. To get results from using cucumber:
- Cut thick cucumber slices and let them chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Put the slices on your skin for 10 minutes, then rinse off the area with water.
- Repeat this twice daily for at least a week
Another ingredient that has natural elements to help diminish dark circles is nutmeg. Nutmeg has vitamins A, B and C along with eugenol, elemicin and safrole all of which help. To make a paste you will need grated nutmeg and milk.
- Mix half a teaspoon of nutmeg with just enough milk to make a paste.
- Apply the paste to your clean under-eye area.
- After 20 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.
- Repeat three times a week.
One thing most people may be missing is our monthly trip to the nail salon to get our nails looking fantastic. Now that we are 2 months into lockdown a lot of people are resorting to doing this at home. If you are not that confident at doing your own nails why not try these following tips until we can all go back to our favourite nail bar.
Getting your nails done on a regular basis can cause lasting damage to your natural nail growth. A very simple way of helping this is salt water.
1. Dissolve several pinches of salt along with a tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl of warm water.
2. Soak your fingers for 10-15 minutes. If you have a yellow tinge to your nails, add a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Please note, it can sting.
Everyone right now is washing their hands on a regular basis. This can have a massive effect on our hands and nails by drying them out. Once way to keep your nails nice a moist is to rub Vaseline into your cuticles. Do this every morning when you wake up and just before you go to bed after a week or so you should see a difference.